24 Şubat 2013 Pazar

Women's Issues & the State of the Nation - Marianne Williamson

To contact us Click HERE

I went to hear a politician speak today. I liked her a lot. I like her every time I hear her on TV. I think she is very sincere. But I also think her message is a bit out of touch.


She said her party is the natural home for women because of its stand on women's issues, but she never mentioned what those issues are. Does it speak to our 23.1 percent child poverty level (making our child poverty rate second among advanced industrialized nations only to Romania)? Does it speak to the fact that America's public schools have no air quality safety standards, with 30-40 percent of our students and teachers challenged by respiratory difficulties because of it? Does it speak to our need for nursery school in the public schools (without which a child already lags behind his or her more advantaged, nursery-school educated peers from the first day of kindergarten?). Does it speak to the fact that America has the highest incarceration rate in the world -- making an African-American mother face a 1in 3 lifetime possibility of prison for her son, a Latino mother 1 in 6, and a white mother 1 in 17?

Both political parties -- not just one -- are beginning to lag far behind the issues that millions of Americans are thinking about.

That's just one woman's opinion, Debbie Wasserman Schultz. But I don't think I'm the only one...

Source: https://facebook.com/williamsonmarianne



Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder