5 Şubat 2013 Salı

January 30th: The Heroes I Remember on My Birthday

To contact us Click HERE

ON MY BIRTHDAY, I like who else is commemorated January 30th, some of my heroes:
 
1) The three Holy Hierarchs- St. Basil the Great, St. John Chrysostom, and St. Gregory the Theologian. They hold an analogous position in the Eastern Church that St. Augustine of Hippo and St. Thomas Aquinas hold in the Western Church. Their social justice preaching is very radical by today's standards, which I identify with as social democrat and liberationist Christian.
2) King Charles the Martyr, Church of England- was executed (murdered) by Oliver Cromwell's regime. The Anglican tradition is my chosen faith tradition.
3) Franklin Delano Roosevelt, who certainly one of the greatest presidents, arguably the greatest, who brought us the New Deal and saw us through the Great Depression and World War II. Again, as a social democrat he is one of my heroes.
4) The Beatles- my favorite band and musicians of all time, the inspiration behind my own musicianship, gave their last live performance ever on the roof top of Abbey Road Studios, January 30, 1969.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder